[meteorite-list] Fusion Crust

From: Murray Paulson <murray.paulson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 18:03:26 -0600

HI Chris:

Remember that most meteorites go into dark flight at 30 or so km above
the earth. The atmosphere is very thin up there maybe 10 milibars and
is probably similar to the Martian atmosphere near the surface. Of
course the terminal velocity would be quite high and the meteorite
would hit the ground at quite a high velocity!

Murray