[meteorite-list] Roadside Hunting and Ownership

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 07:08:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hello Brian and List,

I have had a California, Nevada and Utah Real Estate Broker's License, as well as a Nevada Certified Property Manager's Certificate for nearly fifty years. (NV Broker 000145A)

To bring sanity to claims of land ownership, and in order to have taxes collected from the right owners, and to establish liability, and to provide a means to place liens and establish a chain of title, most all of the United States adopted the "Recordation Method of Providing Public Notification of Land Ownership".

In nearly 100% of the counties in the US...all one has to do to determine the legal ownership of even the smallest parcel of land is to visit the County Recorder's office in person, or online, and the ownership and a wealth of other valuable data is available immediately and for free.

If I found something valuable I would use the GPS to determine the exact physical location and if I was going
to have to provide legal proof of whose land it was I was on, I would obtain a Preliminary Title Report from any state licensed Title or Escrow Company for a small fee. That "Prelim" provides irrefutable proof of land ownership, chain of title, and the existance in priority of any liens and encumbrances, and most important to meteorite collectors, covenants and restrictions running with the land.

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536