[meteorite-list] Water cutting question

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 08:53:36 -0800 (PST)

I remeasured the PH and TDS levels of my incoming tap water and again after being filtered.

??????? Before filtering????????? After Charcoal and RO Filtering

TDS: 515 PPM???????????????? 31 PPM

It looks like 7 stage RO filtering made the water move towards PH neutral from being on the basic side.? A reading of 7 would be considered perfect neutral so I am happy with a PH reading of 7.1.? I would rather have it lean towards basic than acidic which is the case here.? On the other hand, the TDS level of the incoming tap water exceeds EPA standards!? I wouldn't dare drink the tap water here.? Might end up with a case of kidney stones!

I don't think meteorites would be happy with the tap water here.? I will do chemical testing in a few weeks.? I hope there is no chloramine in our system as is the case in California.

Kind Regards,

Adam