[meteorite-list] Dog Sniffing Meteorite Hunter

From: C.G. <petcal50_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 08:41:00 -0800

Had a wild idea while hunting for Novato Fall meteorites, as I was
walking with my 5 Y.O. Lab Doggie, "Rosie"....she always had a great
nose, and, could have been adopted as a Medical Helper, as anytime me
or my friend had a small wound or cut, Rosie would find it, and, of
course, want to help..it always amazed me how sensitive her sense of
smell is....well, if I had a small amount of Novato to crush, and
teach her to sniff it out, she may be able to help find
specimens...unheard of perhaps, but, worth a try....
Happy Hunting and
Happy Thanksgiving everybody
Cal G.
Petaluma, CA