[meteorite-list] Sutter's Mill BSE - two more

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 18:04:20 -0700

Carl and List,

I'm struck by the chondrule variation...can't wait to see a TS (hi
Anne!)....so it's time to ask about the rabbit hole:

As I mentioned I'm just guessing here....not a CM2, due to chondrules
actually so present, right? Not a CM3 either (if there ever is such a thing)
due to the rim alterations and aqueous stuff; dark matrix like a CM, yet
more crowded chondrules; complete CaO crystals; lacking so far of seeing any
CAIs....what's your guess at this point??

Next Halloween I can dress up as a petrologist scientist....but won't fool
anyone. Fun to speculate, though.

Richard M