[meteorite-list] Lotus Meteorite sent to AMNH for Computed Tomography (CT) scan

From: Brien Cook <contact_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 16:12:07 -0700

Yesterday I met with Qing-zhu Yin, an associate professor at UC Davis in the Dept. of Geology. We looked at my specimen under his microscope and got some amazing pictures, which I will be posting shortly.

During my meeting we also spoke with Denton Ebel from the American Museum of Natural History. He offered to squeeze some CT time in to scan my specimen. So I shipped it off today. I'm really looking forward to seeing the inside of this magnificent meteorite.