[meteorite-list] Sylacauga

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 13:11:55 -0700

Hi List:
          I purchased half a core slice from Steve Arnold who sold
The King Collection for the widow. King had the core cut from
THE HUMAN HAMMER STONE.
        You can further confirm this with Steve Arnold (the real
One - not "Chicago Steve Arnold."
        I also, much later sold some of the NON-hammerstone
Material from the Smithsonian. Bother were clearly noted
As was the difference in price
        I write because an old buyer had been confused by some
Statements made on the list.
        I have ALWAYS been clear in my hammer catalogs which
Specimens were actual hammer stones and which were specimens of
A hammer fall and several years ago I pointed out at the top of the
Page that collectors should be aware of same:
        http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Hammers1.html
        http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Hammers2.html
        Warm regards, Michael