[meteorite-list] AD: MURRAY, LA002 Mars meteorite, NWA2999, Barbotan man killer meteorite, LUCE', Forest City, Barwell & more meteorites ending on eBay soon!

From: eric at meteoritesusa.com <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 10:46:01 -0700

Hi All,

The use of the word "Hammer" when referencing/advertising meteorites,
should only be used to describe an actual stone which hit an artifact
(man made object).

Using the word "Hammer" or Hammer Fall" in advertisements to sell stones
that are not actual Hammer-Stones is misleading and confusing,
especially to new collectors. It can cause much more confusion later
when those pieces are resold to other meteorite collectors because an
inexperienced collector may say it is a fragment of a hammer stone, not
understanding the difference between the terms "hammer stone" and
"hammer fall".

An easy remedy for this, is to NEVER use the words "Hammer Fall" in
advertisements. It's misleading, and confusing. Period.

Regards,
Eric