[meteorite-list] AD: MURRAY, LA002 Mars meteorite, NWA2999, Barbotan man killer meteorite, LUCE', Forest City, Barwell & more meteorites ending on eBay soon!

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 11:02:13 -0400

Hi Gang,

If memory serves me correctly, I think Michael Blood has (or had) some
Bessey specks taken from a core sample of the Sylacauga hammer stone.
Maybe he can chime in here and verify that. As far as I know, that is
the only material from the hammer stone that is available.

Personally, I avoid the use of the word "stone" in conjunction with
"hammer" unless the specimen can be proven to originate from a stone
that actually struck something. Instead, I will say something along
the lines of "hammer fall".

Best regards and happy huntings,

MikeG
--