[meteorite-list] Coloma/Lotus/SM fall map to date

From: Marc Fries <mfries8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 17:47:38 -0700

Howdy all

     There are a few people keeping track of the Coloma/Lotus/SM
meteorite fall with maps, and let me give a hat tip to Peter Jenniskens
for keeping up with the meteorites. He has a regularly updated list of
these meteorites with masses and find locations:

http://asima.seti.org/sm/

     I've assembled these and a few others into a strewn field map:

http://radarmeteorites.wordpress.com/2012/05/01/coloma-ca-strewn-field-map/

     I've been chafing to get up there myself but have been restrained
to hunting vicariously through others. I'll get up there, but I wanted
to point out that there is a lot of area on that map with no finds, and
that most of the finds seem to be close to trails and roads. Looks to me
like there's still quite a lot of material waiting to be found...!

Cheers,
Marc Fries