[meteorite-list] Airship Search at Sutter's Mill

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 22:43:34 -0500

Hi, List,

Some of the questions about how the airship Eureka
will be used to search for meteorites are answered in:
http://www.space.com/15555-meteorite-fireball-airship-search.html

It seems they are looking for "impact craters" from
this fresh fall of so-far very small fragments and they
will be doing it from an altitude of 1,000 feet.

The article says "the scientists spotted 12 possible
impact features from the April 22 fall, though they're
not sure yet if any of them are the real deal."

So, they want to find the Big Rocks, each sitting in
their crater nests, possibly surrounded by green Easter
Egg grass. My scepticism may be misplaced. If they
find 10-kilo CM's in impact pits that way, I'll have to
eat my words, possibly served on a bed of green Easter
Egg grass.

Sterling K. Webb