[meteorite-list] Asteroid Or Comet Sutters Mill

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 14:16:47 -0700

Hi Paul,

Probably not a misquote -- Dr. Jenniskens is interested in deciphering
the
nature of the original asteroid (meteoroid) body that produced the
meteorites. The original body was large enough that it may not have been
a monolithic body; as with 2008 TC3 (Almahata Sitta), the pre-encounter
body may have been a rubble pile, consisting of more than just CM2
material. In any case, I don't think the parent body (or bodies) for CM2
is cometary. Would be interested in hearing Dr. Rubin's theory on the
nature of the CM2 parent. --Rob