[meteorite-list] Sutter Mills Flight Path Question

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 09:44:56 -0700

Hi George,

Roughly east to west, based on the combination of radar returns and the
angle of the trajectory as seen in Lisa Warren's images. Additional
refinement needs to be done to determine whether the flight bearing
was toward slightly north of west or slightly south of west. (The
radar data suggests slightly north of west, but there could be some
sampling bias in those images, and at least one local witness suggested
a more ENE to WSW trajectory.) I'm still working on the trajectory and
will post an update when I've pinned it down a little better. --Rob