[meteorite-list] Norwegian meteorite education at the highest level.....

From: Bjorn Sorheim <astrogeo_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 14:57:37 +0200

Dear List,
The Norwegian Astronomical Socierty (NAS) has a mailing list running for
about 15 years. All kinds of questions, answers and discussions about
topics in astronomy and related fields pops up.
I'm sorry to say that knowledge about meteorites is not great, but then you
might say that is geology. I read the list part time, and try to give some
good info
when I have the time.

But sometimes I don't check for a long time.
So the question below with an answer?? got through without me seeing it
before today.
Generally the list is a good source for info about astronomy,
but the answer in this particular case is a far cry from a good answer...!
I hope the poor first time poster -AleJunk!- wasn't totally put
of the meteorite field! Shocking also was that no one else on the
list tried to give him a decent answer.

By the way, the person that answered here is known for these kind of raving
answers,
still not the best way to treat a serious question from a beginner...
The question and answer you find below in the original norwegian version and
translated by me and Google. I can certify the translation is really as
good as can be...

[From NAS-list discussion]