[meteorite-list] Sutters Mill Offer

From: Jim Wooddell <nf114ec_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 19:14:26 -0700

I posted from my other email and it did not make it through for some reason.

I can not tell you how many people walked up to me and asked if they had a
meteorite. I saw a lot of this stuff. I will say (I hate doing this by
pictures) that this is not a meteorite.
The reason why is that this sample does have a surface and it's not fusion
crust. Also, if you look closely you can see fiber in it. This is an oiled
piece of road debris best I can tell. The CAI's are not "on the rock" they
are in it. So there are three clues, it's not a meteorite.

Jim

Jim Wooddell
http://k7wfr.us