[meteorite-list] “The Meteorite Hunter”, a Short Story by Laura Boudreau

From: karmaka <karmaka-meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:24:57 +0100

?The Meteorite Hunter,? a Short Story by Laura Boudreau

Full text:

http://saltyink.com/2012/03/19/the-meteorite-hunter-a-short-story-from-laura-boudreaus-suitable-precautions/

quote
> Q: What about ?The Meteorite Hunter?

    A:
?The Meteorite Hunter? was inspired by a magazine article about, well, a meteorite hunter. This man?s quest to collect space rocks struck me as both noble and fruitless, and I wanted to capture that dichotomy in my main character?s struggle to connect with his daughter. I found it difficult to focalize the narrative through David, a divorced man and estranged dad (that?s pretty far from my own experience, and subject position), but I must have done something right because the story seems to resonate with readers, particularly men. I think it?s healthy for writers to stretch their voices. If you find you?re writing endless incarnations of yourself, you?d probably be better off investing in a private diary. As one of my teachers used to say, nobody cares about what it feels like to be a potato. (Laura Boudreau) <

source: http://saltyink.com/2012/03/16/a-review-of-suitable-precautions-and-interview-with-laura-boudreau-canadianaffair/

noble? Oh, YES !!
fruitless? ... No way! ;-)

Come on, tell me, who of you was the inspiration?

Best wishes

Martin