[meteorite-list] Whereabouts of King Tut's breastplate (was: New Dakhleh Glass website page)

From: Bernd V. Pauli <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 11:02:29 +0000

Hi Norm and List,

Good to see you are back and good to see you are quickly catching
up on your website but what else should we expect from a slave-driver ;-)

Talking about LDG and King Tut, you write on your website the following:

"The image of King Tut's breastplate at left shows a carved straw-yellow
scarab as its centerpiece. Long assumed to be chalcedony, this has now
been confirmed to be Libyan Desert Glass!"

and:

"I have not been able to determine the whereabouts of this artifact. After multiple
trips to the Egyptian National Museum, I am quite sure it is not on display there,
nor is there any indication where it may be on loan."

*If* my sources are correct, King Tut's "Moon Pectoral" should be in Kairo:

Kairo, Egyptian Museum, JE 61884
Find number 267 d
Height 14.9 cm
Breadth 14.5 cm