[meteorite-list] Sutter's Mill Update (Big 205g stone?)

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:32:28 -0400

Hi Folks,

It's been a while since the last Sutter's Mill update, so let's take a
look at where things stand as of this writing.

The official page (http://asima.seti.org/sm/) has not been updated
recently, but you may notice there are several SM numbers that are not
listed - these are finds that have been reported, but lack coordinates
or verification. Dr. Jenniskens probably has his hands full, so I
expect we will see an update eventually when his schedule allows.

In the meantime, I have been fielding reports and keeping the
unofficial page updated.

The unofficial TKW now stands at - 560.76 grams.

The largest verified find is still Robert Ward's 42.4g specimen.

The total number of finds is - 68.

Some of you may have heard about the big 205g stone which was
reportedly found in mid-May and has not been officially reported.
This stone has been shopped around via email, and there are some
photos of the stone out there floating around. The photos make the
specimen look like a legit find, but of course there is no way to tell
by using photos alone.

My question is, has any qualified person on this List seen this stone
in person? Can anyone reading this verify that the find is legit? I
find it hard to believe that a find like this (if it is real) has been
known since mid-May and nobody has seen it first-hand to confirm or
deny it. Surely someone with experience must have seen it by now?
Please reply or contact me off-list if you have any hard info on this
stone.

Unofficial Sutter's Mill page - http://www.galactic-stone.com/pages/lotus

To those still hunting - good luck!

Best regards,