[meteorite-list] Hammer fall term (this poor poor horse)

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 23:53:47 -0400

Hi Mike,

Welcome back from the new fall. Grab a cudgel and get a few licks in
on this pile of sad horse flesh...

Mike said - How do you come up with this? I was at the New Orleans
house 40 hours after
> t fell. While it was not seen to hit the house, the homeowner had gone to
> work at 7 am and returned home at 5 pm finding his house full of rocks and
> destruction.

Isn't that what I said? .....

Other Mike said - "When the New Orleans
meteorite fell, penetrated the house and left a path of minor
destruction (writing desk, etc), nobody was home. The owners were out
and did not come home to find the cosmic damage until later. "

Mike said - " The neighbors reported huge crashing noise like a car accident
> at ~4 pm I think, and several airline pilots reported a fireball."

I did not recall this information. Thanks for clarifying that.

Mike said - " I am pretty sure that the fact that the meteorite went
through 3 floors that
> day
> That the noncom had enough evidence to know that the New Orleans meteorite
> fell on that date between the hours of 7 am and 5 pm."

Isn't that what I said....?

Other Mike said - "The find was determined to be a fall based on - the freshness
>> of the material found, the testimony of the homeowners, and the
>> obvious damage caused by this material."

Thanks for paraphrasing what I said and correcting me on the
independent witness info.

> How can you guys take the simplest thing like fall and find and yap about it
> for days?

It's called beating a dead horse. It starts out as swatting the
flies, but escalates from there.

Best regards,

MikeG
--