[meteorite-list] Hammer fall term (flogging the dead horse with wild abandon)

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:54:59 -0700 (PDT)

Mike G, Regina and Listers?

Mike G I have to commend you on the explanation on the term Hammer stone and Hammer Fall and Micheal Blood puts it best at this link http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/MMT.html

Since I been collecting those terms have been in use. I fell the both come in hand in hand. You can not have one with out the other in those terms and I agree by adding that term to a meteorite can add value. Historic history adds value to a meteorite. Rarity adds value. Even nick names have added value to meteorites. At the end of the day, people collect Hammer Stones and people collect meteorites from Hammer Falls and just because some people on the List do not collect Hammer Stones or Hammer Fall's, ?does not mean?they have the right to say it is non since, silly, or useless word cause scientists do not use that term. But again, people are entitled to their own?opinion and people are aloud to collect meteorites as they see fit for their collection.??

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBay Store
http://www.ebay.com/sch/ph0t0phl0w/m.html?

[meteorite-list] Hammer fall term (flogging the dead horse with wild
abandon)
Michael Gilmer meteoritemike
at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12