[meteorite-list] hollow meteorite on ebay

From: JoshuaTreeMuseum <joshuatreemuseum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 15:22:27 -0400

Hi Jim,

You're missing the fact that there's 10,000 suckers born (worldwide) every
minute and one just paid $266 for a concretion that I would have sold them
for $1.50.

Phil Whitmer
Joshua Tree Earth & Space Museum

I see no evidence in this ebay listing that would lead me to believe that
this is indeed a meteorite. Just having an old label and someone saying that
it's a meteorite, surprises me that eight people bid on this thing and it
sold for $266. Am I missing something here or can this really be a
meteorite?

Cheers,
Jim K