[meteorite-list] To the past or future finders of Sutter's MillMeteorites

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 18:06:19 -0700

Dr. Yin, and List,

As a persistent searcher (back again tomorrow) and as one who has yet to
find my first complete stone, I no longer have any magnets attached to my
sticks. Oddly, I didn't start hunting this class that way either, but they
did allow me some fun anaylyzing terrestrial look-alikes. In an odd way, I
anticipate the inevitable vision in my head, of seeing it first (and doing
my dance) without impacting the critical scientific value.

It rained again today. Minimally. Considering the critical request you've
asked, the rain is a tiny obstacle to my boots and aqueous terrestrial
change vs. magnetism contamination.

Besides, isn't it more fun to see it one the ground rather than at the
bottom of my stick? (I still am in hunt-mode)....it will allow proper time
to breath, photo, coodinate, not-touch, properly gather.

I do have camel bells attached to my sticks, announcing my presence to the
Crotalis residences...and oddly have yet to meet one, while I know they are
here.

Dr. Yin, excellent advice!

Richard Montgomery