[meteorite-list] Sutter's Mill Update : TKW now 916.5g, 84 Known Finds

From: MikeG <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:28:09 -0400

There is an update to the unofficial Sutter's Mill find tally page.
This stone is SM36, a complete "heart-shaped" stone that was found by
Mike Shaw. The specimen weighs 22.6g and has a webpage of it's own
now - http://lotusheartstone.com/

Taking this stone into account, the unofficial TKW is now 916.5g from
a total of 84 known finds.

Fewer and fewer reports are coming in from Sutter's Mill. The stream
of regular reports I received in the early weeks of this event has now
dwindled to a slow and occasional trickle.

Question for the reader - Does anyone know if there has been any
consensus on what the petrologic type is for this meteorite? I read a
few abstracts via a link posted to this List a while back, and I
recall reading something about it being a CM2.1 or something along
those lines. Can anyone clarify or update the type?

Unofficial tally page - http://www.galactic-stone.com/pages/lotus

Official tally page - http://asima.seti.org/sm/

Best regards and happy huntings,

MikeG