[meteorite-list] AD NWA 998 ( any interest for thin secction , slice or end cut )

From: sbdeboer <sbdeboer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 13:35:06 -0400

    Dear list :

    I had a rather large fragment of NWA 998 that I purchased from very
good provenance, IMCA member , a number of years ago . In diversifying I
decided to have this 6.5 plus gram piece cut in approximately half and
retain only that .
    The piece I am keeping and the piece which I have for trade or sale has
Been stabilized as NWA 998 is quite friable . The cutting in half
produced two fragments which have now been made into thin section /cut
fragment pairs . One is match head size the other began as .380 gram
fragment and is now a thin section which the maker says is A+ and a .300
gram cut fragment .

    My Desire is to find a home for the rest which is presently a 2.8
stabilized uncrusted piece either by way of a trade for something
preferably here in Canada or I could have additional thin section made
since it is at one thin section expert at this moment , or I could have him
slice it into large surface area pieces , or you suggest whatever if you
have a desire to attain a piece of this rare low total known weight
Naklite which has undergone a lot of study and I am sure more to follow .

   Please, ( OFF -LIST ) whether museum , institution or individual I
will gather ideas and thoughts from any and all interested parties for a
period of about 2-3 weeks as I am in no hurry . At that point I will
decide what to do with the extra I have . Thank you
   IMCA # 9708 Simon de Boer