[meteorite-list] Tissint and a Non-related Time Capsule

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 12:20:12 -0500

Every photo of Tissint I've seen in photos it is unique in so many ways.
Freshness, flowlines, orientations, depply sculpted backsides... Other
than its freshness is there a particular reason for its unique look?

This is just one of many and they are all spectacular in so many ways.

> http://www.rocksfromspace.org/tissint-unm.html

BTW - Thanks to EVERYONE for sharing your photos and commentaries and
analyses to this list. In that same spirit of sharing - CJ and I were
just given a 24 volume 1957 library copy Encyclopedia Brittanica with 1958
update book, and... Wow! What a time capsule! She's going to be sharing
a lot of its contents to a site dedicated to old books. We'll keep
everyone posted.

First up to be photographed and linked will be, of course, meteorites and
related topics.

Gary