[meteorite-list] Special: AD: New Mars-Fall Tissint - Polished Fullslices!

From: Chladnis Heirs <news_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:54:04 +0100

Dear community,

Now we all were occupied with admiring the fragments and the rare
individuals that new epoch-making fall yielded; we studied the exterior,
were amazed about the variety of different fusion crusts, took a glance on
the interior by means of broken sides or crust-free fragments.
Now it is highest time to subject Tissint to the other viewing habits we are
used to
- and here we are proud to present now the first masterly prepared slices:

And what for slices!

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/specials/tissint.html

In principle here could end our Special - in leaving you alone in your awe.

Well worth it was, that we pushed away our twinge of conscience to slice up
one of the scarce perfect individuals, any collector would rip his arm off
for. Look, how we were rewarded.

See those fantastically pastel green olivine crystals, which strongly remind
us of those in NWA 5789.
Take a closer look, you'll find even a few single ones, which seems almost
to change from opaque to translucent.
They are sitting in a very accentuated matrix-grid, which is in some ways
similar to Shergotty or Zagami, though finer and on a smaller scale. And
finally those dramatic and huge melt pockets and maskelynite blotches.

With all historical respect for the four other observed Martian falls,
Tissint is macroscopically the most spectacular and the most aesthetical
among the observed falls. For sure.

Masterly polished by Stefan's craftsmanship, completely surrounded by fusion
crust, with at best only here and there naturally a small chip missing, are
these those adorable specimens, which also in later decades you'll take in
your hands, with a silent and almost triumphal blitheness, to have been once
so wise, to have saved these specimen just in the days of the birth of this
so famous meteorite.

And if you were one of the few lucky ones, who were able to gather one of
the few complete individuals, such a fullslice is almost a must to add.

(And those who weren't - watch the endcut, a perfect alternative
 or contact us for still a superb complete individual).

Enjoy!

Stefan & Martin

Chladni's Heirs
Munich - Berlin
Fine Meteorites for Science & Collectors

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com