[meteorite-list] TISSINT OFFER TO RESEARCHERS / Re: Chris Herd talking about the Tissint meteorite - NPR 'Science Friday'

From: Carl Agee <agee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 12:32:31 -0700

The Institute of Meteoritics has already distributed samples of our
Tissint material to researchers at the Carnegie Institution for
"organics" studies and to the Univ. of Tuebingen for magnetics
measurements. That is one of the main goals of our Meteorite Museum --
to loan researchers our meteorites. The other main goals are to
display meteorites for the public and preserve the collection for
posterity. Luckily, we are fortunate to be able to do all three of
these functions with our recent Tissint acquisition!

Carl Agee

--
Carl B. Agee
Director and Curator, Institute of Meteoritics
Email: agee at unm.edu
http://meteorite.unm.edu/people/carl_agee/
Michael Farmer mike at meteoriteguy.com
Tue Jan 24 09:58:53 EST 2012