[meteorite-list] re GARY FOOTE update

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 12:36:14 -0800

Hi All,
        I talked to Gary and his wife, CJ the other day and they are still
Having a very hard time of it. Gary has now outlived the medical prediction
Of his demise by one month, is still very ill and they are facing severe
financial difficulties, including, but not limited to their mortgage.

        Since I still don't have 100 items in the Auction, I decided to open
up to the auction to the list to have an opportunity for the following:

        Place a NICE specimen in the auction FOR Gary Foote and his wife
And I will donate my consignor's commission and the full hammer price
Will go to Gary and his wife. I will begin, myself, with gifting a fine 198g
iron individual.

        Your donation will include your initials in the lot # and your name
When I send Gary and CJ the funds - unless you request to be anonymous.
All donations will go onto a consignment sheet in the name of Gary Foote
(Or CJ Foote if needs require) and they will be paid all funds like any
Other consignor, but the consignment fee will be waived so the entire
Hammer price will be sent directly to them.

        Donations need to have a good photo and description emailed to me
By WED. if at all possible, as that is the day I am hoping to reset the
Catalog in the order of lots. You must also bring it to the Tucson Auction
Between 5 and 6:30 or have someone bring it for you. Please, donations of
entries need to be at least in the $75 to$100 Hammer price range or up.
There are limited spaces, so, any lesser offers will be declined. I would
encourage you to put such items on eBay and send Jerry and CJ the profits
Of said sales. I will be happy to provide you their contact info off list.

        While one could do the same with larger items I anticipate live
bidding will be far more generous knowing where the hammer price will
Be going and since everyone there will be of the meteorite community.

        Gary and his wife both expressed profound gratitude to Jerry
Armstrong for donating a painting and to Patrick Herman who purchased it
And sent them a check directly and to all others who generously contributed
To them in their time of need. Gary has not been able and his wife has been
beside herself, so, no "thank you" notes went out, but they are grateful to
all individuals who contributed in the past from the bottoms of their heart.

        Please act now and tomorrow and we can make a big difference in
their day to day struggle to eat and make the next mortgage payment.

        Best wishes to all, Michael