[meteorite-list] Provenance of Universities' Material

From: Peter Davidson <P.Davidson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:42:26 -0000

Hello List

I feel we have discussed this particular topic before on the list - and
at some length. In common with the Smithsonian, the AMNH and the Natural
History Museum London (and many other museums) we at the National
Museums Scotland do appreciate rarity and value, but like our colleagues
at these museums, we cannot purchase material from certain localities
including those mentioned by Jeff. I also agree with Jeff that I cannot
see collections at these institutions becoming dominated by this
material in the near future.

Hope to see you all at Tucson this year. I will be exhibiting at the
Convention centre (Minerals from Bisbee, Arizona). Come and have a look
if you can.

Best Wishes

Peter Davidson
Curator of Minerals