[meteorite-list] Chondrules! MPOD

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 17:33:05 -0500

Dear List,

A few days ago, one of my submissions to the Meteorite Picture of the Day calendar, 11 January, 2012, was questioned by someone as possibly not being meteoritic.

http://www.tucsonmeteorites.com/mpod.asp
http://www.tucsonmeteorites.com/mpod.asp

As a contributor I feel I owe it to Paul Swartz, other contributors, and fellow enthusiasts to ensure the calendar integrity hasn?t been compromised by a ?wrong?, and until it is properly addressed I feel my contribution will have a black cloud over it.

I offered to send Mr. Simms additional pictures, but there was no response.
Just as well ? I learned early in our common interest that beliefs have to be properly supported with more than just words, and it should be done in the open.

Being an ?unclassified?, the best evidence I can put forth at this time to confirm that these pictures were indeed of meteorites is additional pictures for your consideration.

Please see them here:

http://tiny.cc/rosax

http://tiny.cc/rosax

There are lots, but I am hoping it's enough to definitively confirm their authenticity ? and I?m sure you?re all like me and could look at pictures of meteorites all day, anyway.

I agree with Mr. Simms that this is an unusual meteorite.

Another picture from these stones was posted on the MPOD calendar 26 December, 2011, which shows a beautiful olivine crystal in the matrix.
Thanks to Mr. Simms that while taking these additional pictures I?m posting today, I found two more small olivine crystals in other stones, although they are quite a bit smaller in size.

If there is still skepticism, please let me know.

Pete