[meteorite-list] Tata-Foumzgit Martian Fall. The most significant fall of this century?

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:52:21 -0700

Not to mention the fact that Zagami and the other Martian meteorites were not treated properly, cut in water or oil, highly contaminated for decades etc. This one is pristine, though touched by people in the field, in the lab simple sectioning of larger pieces to get to the pristine interior of a months old fall will provide endless research specimens.
I can't wait to read the papers on this one.
 This meteorite will be a great gift to science and collectors, and to the museums to take advantage of the cheapest Martian fall ever, a boon for curation for centuries.

Michael Farmer

Sent from my iPad