[meteorite-list] AD : New Tata Martian Micros and Riker Displays, Rare CM2, L-Melt Rock, Camel Donga, and more!

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 09:17:08 -0500

Hi Friends and Collectors!

I have exciting news. For those of you who have not heard yet (those
lurking around under rocks!), there was a new meteorite fall in July
of 2011. The fall took place in a remote area of Morocco and it took a
few months for local nomads to find the meteorites. This new meteorite
turned out to be a rare Martian shergottite, and it is the first
witnessed fall of a Martian meteorite in 50 years. This is the newest
and most pristine Martian meteorite to ever land in the hands of man.
Scientists are clamoring to study this new meteorite and it is
currently undergoing classification. The final classification results
are expected very soon, but all qualified persons agree that this is a
fresh and pristine Martian shergottite with a silver-grey matrix free
of oxidation that is shot through with maskelynite shock veins and
crystals.

Most of this meteorite took the form of large individuals, which were
quickly snapped up by wealthy investors and museums. The TKW of this
fall was not large and much of the available material has already been
allocated to scientific institutions and museums. I managed to acquire
over a lot of small fragments (some with crust), and I am offering
these fragments to collectors at a low price. The
provisional/unofficial name for this new meteorite is "Tata-Foumzgit"
(the region of Morocco where it fell), but most everyone is just
calling it "Tata" for now.

I have micromounts of this new Martian available in gemjars and Riker
box displays. I also have a couple of other new offerings (see below).

Use coupon code "metlist" at checkout for 20% off your order.

NEWS MARS TATA SHERGOTTITE -

New Tata Martian meteorite riker box display (new design) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/mars-rock-retro-art-martian-meteorite-display-tata-shergottite

New Tata Mars meteorite micromount -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/mars-rock-martian-meteorite-display-tata-shergottite

New Tata Mars meteorite "Retro Sci-Fi" riker box display -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/mars-rock-retro-art-martian-meteorite-display-nwa-2975

LUNAR DISPLAYS -

(Very Limited Supply on all Lunars - I only have one NEA 001 sample
left and two samples of Dhofar 1084 remaining - and I do not forsee
ever getting more of these particular lunar meteorites because I
acquired these through a trade and not via my usual sources)

New Lunar Meteorite riker box display (NEA 001) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/moon-rock-exclusive-retro-lunar-meteorite-display-nea-001

New Lunar meteorite riker box display (Dho 1084) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/moon-rock-exclusive-retro-lunar-meteorite-display-dhofar-1084-1

OTHER SPECIMENS (SOME NEW - first two are very rare) -

New NWA 6579 (L-melt rock) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6579--rare-l-melt-rock-low-tkw

New NWA 6720 (Carbonaceous CM2) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6720-rare-carbonaceous-cm2-from-morocco-2011

New Book - Stones from the Stars -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/stones-from-the-stars-by-tr-lemaire

New Book - Meteorites -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/meteorites-by-hutchinson-and-graham

Ramlat al Sahmah 329 (H3/4 chondrite) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/ramlat-as-sahmah-329--rare-h34-chondrite-low-tkw--micromounts

Camel Donga (eucrite) nice crusted 1.62g frag -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/camel-donga-famous-australian-eucrite-from-vesta-micro-1

Chergach (H5 chondrite hammer fall) crusted 2.57g frag -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/chergach-h5-chondrite-meteorite-witnessed-hammer-fall-1

All of the latest specimens - http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/brand-new

Best regards and clear skies!

MikeG
--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com