[meteorite-list] The Moon/ISS

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 02:40:29 -0500

Great photos of the ISS crossing the face of the Moon!

It's a shame only a few of us still get a thrill about space, eh?

Is it just me, or does the first pic look like the Nostromo coming into orbit around LV-426? ;)

Cheers,

Pete

http://www.universetoday.com/92426/dazzling-photos-of-the-international-space-station-crossing-the-moon/

http://www.universetoday.com/92426/dazzling-photos-of-the-international-space-station-crossing-the-moon/

Dazzling Photos of the International Space Station Crossing the Moon!

Has the International Space Station (ISS) secretly joined NASA?s newly arrived GRAIL lunar twins orbiting the Moon?

No ? but you might think so gazing at these dazzling new images of the Moon and the ISS snapped by a NASA photographer yesterday (Jan. 4) operating from the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.

Check out this remarkable series of NASA photos above and below showing the ISS and her crew of six humans crossing the face of Earth?s Moon above the skies over Houston, Texas. And see my shot below of the Moon near Jupiter ? in conjunction- taken just after the two GRAIL spacecraft achieved lunar orbit on New Year?s weekend.

In the photo above, the ISS is visible at the upper left during the early evening of Jan. 4, and almost looks like it?s in orbit around the Moon. In fact the ISS is still circling about 248 miles (391 kilometers) above Earth with the multinational Expedition 30 crew of astronauts and cosmonauts hailing from the US, Russia and Holland.