[meteorite-list] DFW event

From: Marc Fries <mfries8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 19:53:35 +0000

Howdy all

??? There has been a great deal of discussion and analysis on the 02 Feb
 event over the DFW metroplex. I just wanted to re-iterate a specific
point. There seems to be consensus that this event generated a very
small number of meteorites, probably to include a single mass of ~30-40
kg. I just want to point out for the sake of anyone "on the ground" that
 such a mass would have struck the ground moving at over 300 mph. I'd be
 looking for a substantial impact pit rather than small meteorites
scattered on the ground.

??? I'll link my blog post here, and it contains links to other
analyses. Bill Cooke's detailed analysis and strewn field estimation is
worth particular notice:

http://radarmeteorites.wordpress.com/2012/02/03/tx-dfw-area-02-feb-2012-0157-utc/

Cheers,

Marc Fries