[meteorite-list] Professor Colin Pillinger lecture - Stones from the sky: A heaven-sent opportunity to talk about science

From: Martin Goff <msgmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 11:32:01 +0000

Hi Doug,

He was certainly not all starchy white in reputation and was
definitely a bit of scoundrel at times, in a very British way of
course.

You wrote

"Anyways, he was definitely one of the most colorful characters of
early meteorite enlightenment, and as a publicist actuallydeserves in
my opinion even more credit than he gets"

You also wrote

"Wonder what Prof. Pillinger thinks of this?"

Well, i know that Professor Pillinger is currently researching a book
all about Edward Topham so we will have to wait and see what his
conclusions are! :-)

Cheers

Martin

--