[meteorite-list] Allende, the one and only

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 23:44:12 -0500 (EST)

Carl wrote:

"Actually, Poncho Villa was shot and killed in his car in the city of
Parrel,"

Yes, you are 100% right about *pancho* short for Francisco - is a
Poncho what they wear in Peru? ;-)

..and I I knew it was Parral but had meteorites on my mind when I wrote
Chihuahua City, sorry, it was 6:30AM and I still hadn't made it to bed
but had and Allende impulse moment I so charmed by the meteorite.

As my Hail Mary, as I've never been to a museum on Villa, let me add
this which you won't find Googleable:

Pancho Villa's decomposed/petrified skull was removed from his R.I.P.
body a few years after his death by fussilade. The head was never
found. I have it on several sources that it was thrown in some rocks
on the Adargas (?) mountains. Anyway - it's a large iron meteorite
locality, I believe for a chunk of Chupaderos.

Kindest wishes
Doug

PS Pancho Villa is like Mexico's Elvis. He, his ghost, and his head,
and his two dozen plus wives are everywhere and everyone in the north
is related to him that you meet on some days. So, we do take these
things with a grain of salt, but it actually would make sense that the
head were stashed there.