[meteorite-list] Putting fear on the other's foot.

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 00:28:23 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Hi Doug, Brian and all,

Isn't it interesting that many posts mention hunters fearing encounters with human miscreants and even animals in the field. (I'm speaking of other than property owners and guard dogs on their own land.)

Personally, I think the human yahoos whom I would chance to encounter would have more to fear from me..than I from them. I don't hunt alone. I am always visibly armed and so are my companions. We move purposely in the open and are alert to our surroundings. In other words, we do what the dominant species is programmed to do. Be alert, move purposefully, and be visibly and mentally equipped to cause great bodily harm to an attacker.

In the field, and assuming you are there legally, it will relieve your apprehensions if you maintain an aggressive and offensively capable mindset. It will show... and both human and animal predators will be reluctant to screw around with you. Hunting for anything, including meteorites, is in our DNA. Don't go against your human nature and act like a "wuss". Be MEN. (Said with all deference to those ladies of capability.)

Regards,

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536