[meteorite-list] TUCSON, DAY 3 HIGHLITES

From: steve arnold <chicagosteve1954_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 07:45:32 -0800

Good day list. I got back from the auction after 12 am. 4 hours of
this.To long for me. Well after getting up we went over to the inn
suites and I met up with shawn alan and dave gheesling. I went over
to see mike farmer and moritz and I started looking at 2 full bags of
unclaeaned gao and cleaned gao.I actually found an 11 gram fragment
with a low level impact crater.I never have seen that.I went back and
forth to the other rooms and hanged out with ET,the
JENKERSENS,HANS,and I met up with geoff notkin and talked a bit then I
saw ann black making deals.So everything was in motion at the inn
suites and a very busy day around here. Then around noon I went back
up to the other side of the show and went back to the river park and
the howard johnson's.At the H J I went and saw ALI HMANI and his
son.He had this incredible new howardite which is just to die for.Both
in slice and a full individual and it just got classified. I walked
around there and got some really nice pics,especially of a 7 kilo
endcut of NWA 5549 and a monster campo with a huge abalation cavity.
100 kilo's. After that I walked back over to the river park. On the
way I saw jason phillips,rob wesel and mike bandli coming from that
way. So everyone one was everywhere out and about. Then I went over to
erich's and I hanged out and took some nice pics of some more of his
material. After that I head back to the inn suites and had lunch with
russ finney. Then I did not more hanging out at the suites .About 5 we
went out for dinner and then we headed to the auction. Once we got
there we planned our attack to see what we might bid on. NOTHING!!! I
was not at all interested in anything and bob c. did not bid
either,but a few nice items did go.Here are a few lots that sold.(LOT#
40, $200,LOT# #39 $190, LOT# 13 $15, LOT# 61 $330,LOT# 79 $185,LOT#
109, $2200 and so forth .Just t give you an idea. Alot of nice items
went for very cheap.There was a 33 kilo oriented sikhote-alin there
and no one bid on it,but I have an idea it will be sold today.Well
that was it for me yesterday in a nut shell. Today it 's superbowl
sunday. Fly day home! I have had a blast seeing everyone and meeting
new people as well.I'll have a wrap up tomorrow after I get back
home.Have a great day and I hope the giants kick the patriots ASS.

--
Steve R. Anold, chicago, ill.