[meteorite-list] TUCSON, DAY TWO

From: steve arnold <chicagosteve1954_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 21:11:31 -0800

Good evening list.After a hectic early morning,I finally got back to
the show at about 9:30 am.We went over to inn suites and met up with
rubin garcia where bob and rubin bought some more meteorites from
another dealer.They both got some great deals.Of course after playing
with my camera this morning,I accidently deleted all my pics from
yesterday.But not to worry.I got even better ones today including a 5
kilo BENSOUR and a 10 KILO TAMDAGHT individuals.Again they will be
posted all on facebook to those who are all my friends.Also I went to
one of the russians rooms and they were selling some sweet looking
oriented sikhote-alins for $2 a gram.After that I decided to take the
3 mile round trip to the rest of the show where I went and saw josh
eisler of cosmic cutlery.He is selling piece's of NAMIBIA.A classified
H4 stone chodrite that was found within the gibeon strewnfield.Only 1
kilo was found and they seem to have most of it for $2 a gram.He also
has a nice 5 kilo GAO forsale along with some great gibeon slices.Then
I went to go see the one of moroccans where jose usually has his
campos and saw some great fusion crusted unclassed stones.While I was
there,I ran into eric fisler,his dad,and jason snyder looking thru
some cheap unclassed chondrites.Then I walked over to magic mountain
and saw another great variety of sikhote-alins for only $1 a
gram.Pretty low for these beauty's.S A 's are drying up quick.Then
after that I went to go see eric and sylvia hiaderer at cosmic highway
meteorites.Eric has some of the best meteorites that I ever seen
coming out of his room.And as always both a great couple to help serve
you.Then I walked back over to the ramada to see mike miller in room
131.Some outstanding material he has not only there but in rubin's
room as well.After that I went to blaines room and met up with al
lang,jason utas,and others.Great to see some great people.Then I
walked back to the inn suites completeting my walk and had lunch with
gary fujihara and don skidmore.From there I did a few more rounds
meeting up with rob wesel,mike bandli and jason phillips.I also saw
the meteorite men getting ready to do a skit for tonites bash.It was
great to see geoff notkin after 2 years and congradulated him on a
fine season 3 of met men so far.Later me and bob c. went to the onyx
room and I had catfish,a side salad,and 2 sides for $10.Then people
started to come in and I got some more great pics,where I finally saw
darryl pitt,art elman,maria hass,and others I had not seen yet.Finally
the bash got underway with DIMA, SERGEI,ANDRE PILSKI,MARIA HASS and a
couple of others got awards.I got some great pics of that as well.Well
I did alot more today,so tomorrow will be a lay down and take it easy
day.I hope you like these reports as much as I like doing them.Its
been a long day,so untill tomorrow,I'm calling it a nite.Onr final
note,I saw jim strope and I saw his new new concord piece.TOTALLY
AWESOME! Got some great piece of that as well.Now good night.

--
Steve R. Anold, chicago, ill.