[meteorite-list] Sutter's Mill Regolith breccia

From: Prof. Zelimir Gabelica Université de Haute Alsace ENSCMu, <zelimir.gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 09:51:30 +0100

Hello Frank,

Yes, solar implanted gases were detected and evaluated. This is
summarized in the main text, p 1585 (see below) and further detailed
in the supplementary text "Materials & Methods" where figures S1 to
S36 can be seen, in particular Fig S27 (20Ne/22Ne versus 21Ne/22Ne
plots).

Here is part of the related ? of the main text:

..."SM is a regolith breccia. Like all CM chondrites (26), SM contains
Ne from solar wind implantation in a surface regolith (fig. S27).
Unlike most other CM chondrites, the brecciated nature of that
regolith is evident: SM2, 18, 47, 48, 51, and 54 contain angular to
rounded clasts embedded in a fine-grained comminuted matrix seen
visually (Fig. 2A), by x-ray and backscattered electron mapping (Fig.
2B and fig. S13), and by x-ray and neutron computed tomography (figs.
S28 and S30)"...

Kind regards,

Zelimir
--