[meteorite-list] Watch out Ebay Sellers! Total scammer scammingmeteorite!

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 16:21:57 -0500

eBay has the same dynamic going as AstroMart - treat your sellers like
crap, run them off, but plenty of clueless newbies come along to
replenish the ranks of lost members. A few diehards will always stick
around and defend the leadership, but the dynamic shows something is
wrong in the system or how it is implemented. I've been a member of
eBay since 1999 and only list there on rare occasions now. Instead of
running a over a hundred auctions per month, I might run 2 or 3 dozen
per year now. Gross eBay revenue comes from several streams -
advertisers, licensing rights for eBay applications, PayPal
transaction fees, and eBay fees. A modest drop in one is not likely
to tank the entire bottom line. But if I was in charge of the eBay
membership, I'd be aware that something is wrong and needs fixing. If
this trend continues, then it's safe to say that eBay's peak days of
growth and profit are long behind them, and now we are on the plateau
to nowhere good.

This Met-List and several other closed email lists are the real
meteorite market. :)

Best regards,

MikeG

--