[meteorite-list] Saw for meteorites

From: tomasir <tomekoglaza_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 23:13:35 +0100

Hello,

I'm hoping to buy a saw for cutting meteorites. I checked some previous
information, especially this one: http://www.galactic-stone.com/pages/cutting-meteorites-for-beginners
As I'm from Poland - shipping costs from US exceeds 100 usd. Even when
I decide to go for a base without engine (http://www.ebay.com/itm/rle-LORTONE-BASIC-6-TRIM-SAW-BUILD-YOUR-OWN-AND-SAVE-/130732471281?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e704333f1
) it gives about 230 USD.
Is there anything similar available in Europe in reasonable price? Hope
that European colleagues will give some remarks.

Of course I know about M. Cimala saw - but it is outside of my financial
range. I would like to spend up to 250-300 usd for it. Could be used one.
It's going to be used for small stony meteorites mostly (not for iron).

thank you in advance for your help
tomasir