[meteorite-list] Texas meteorite fall 07 Dec 2012

From: Marc Fries <chief_scientist_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 17:53:05 -0800

Howdy all

        I forgot to send this email earlier today - my apologies. The
Galactic Analytics team has located a meteorite fall from the large
meteor that occurred north of Houston early this morning. This bolide
was seen as far away as western New Mexico, on an allsky camera
operating as a part of Bill Cooke's NASA network. More radar data will
be available when the short-range radar at Houston Intercontinental
airport, but for now the NEXRAD imagery shows the location of the
fall. Early indications are that this was a physically tough, well-
consolidated meteorite similar to Battle Mountain (but not necessarily
an L6 like Battle Mountain). The first-pass data, complete with fall
location, can be found at the link below. Further updates are
forthcoming.

http://www.galacticanalytics.com/?p=987

Cheers,
The Galactic Analytics team