[meteorite-list] Nevada meteorite event - strewn field available

From: Marc Fries <chief_scientist_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:24:49 -0700

Howdy all

        We've produced a calculated strewn field for the 22 August event in Nevada. Using some new techniques, we identified the solid-body radar reflectors in the radar imagery (in other words, we picked out the meteorites in mid-flight), and calculated their flight paths down to the ground. This will not only produce a highly accurate strewn field, but should also identify the landing sites of individual meteorites seen in the radar data. The strewn field calculated using this method is now available on the Galactic Analytics LLC website.

http://wp.me/p2AyTK-bg

Good luck!
Marc Fries
Galactic Analytics LLC