[meteorite-list] Can anyone of my friends out there help with advice and sourcing of educational samples?

From: Graham Ensor <graham.ensor_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 21:26:00 +0100

Hi All,

I have been asked to help with this....

I am working on a museums project to put together 12 loan boxes of
outreach equipment.

We are looking to include 2 meteorite samples in each box and trying
to retrieve some quotes and availability of suitable samples.

For each loan box we are looking to source:

1 x ~1kg Iron half (ideally with regmaglypts and with an etched
surface showing widman. pattern). My concern is stability of the
meteorite, these meteorites will be in museums where basic care of the
samples will not be known/vary.

1 x chondrite slice (no smaller than ~5 cm wide, the important thing
is the slice needs to show clear chondrules).

The samples do not need to come from the same meteorite.

If anyone can help with advice and or quotes/donations for this please
let me know.

Cheers,

Graham