[meteorite-list] Vernacular of "Meteorite"

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:46:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Randy and all,

Thanks for the update on this subject.
It has prompted me to go back and update my article from March 2008:

http://meteorite-recovery.tripod.com/2008/mar08.htm

Bob's Findings:
"From Asteroids to Meteoroids to Meteors to Meteorites -
Guess what? The International Astronomical Union (IAU) originally defined the word "meteor" to be used as BOTH the term for the solid object, as well as, the light-phenoma that it produces."

Yeah, I was surprised, too, when I discovered that little bit of trivia.

In "References" I've added the link to the Rubin/Grossman abstract that Randy supplied earlier. And a lot of links to the IAU website had changed, so I updated those as well.

Again, thanks for the enlightening discussion.
Bob V.