[meteorite-list] Vernacular of "Meteorite"

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 09:02:24 -0600

They might reasonably call it an anti-meteoroid shelter, but the fact
is, "meteorite" is not well enough defined to say that once a meteoroid
impacts an object in space, it can't be called a meteorite. I don't have
a problem with the usage in the article. Meteoroid and meteorite are
reasonably interchangeable in this context; the good thing is that they
didn't call it an anti-meteor shelter.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory