[meteorite-list] Impressive Viewer Interactive HD Curiosity Camera.

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 12:27:43 -0600

They are called alignment marks, fiducials, fiduciary markers,
registration targets... lots of different things, depending on the lingo
of the user (printers, doctors, imagers, etc). Presumably they are
located at carefully controlled locations on the rover in order to
provide references for image geometry.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory