[meteorite-list] AD - Collection Liquidation Sale for Wedding - Must Sell - Futrell Tektites, Irons, Planetaries, Falls, and Katol.

From: MikeG <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:58:58 -0400

Hi Gang,

Last week, I announced that a friend of mine is getting married and
needs to sell off part of his collection to help fund the wedding. I
received a few offers on the entire lot, but nothing materialized, so
now we are breaking up the collection into smaller lots. I will try
to sell these lots first. If you are interested in individual pieces
without buying the entire lot, contact me and make an offer - although
I will give priority to buyers who take entire lots.

FWIW, I am making almost nothing from this sale. This is not helping
me out, nor am I making a big finder's fee or percentage. Almost all
of the funds from this collection sale will go towards my friend's
wedding. He is a Marine who just got done serving multiple tours in
Iraq and Afghanistan - so let's help this guy have a proper wedding by
buying up these meteorites! :)

The specimens are listed below. These are not listed on my website
yet, so if you are interested, please contact me via email -
meteoritemike at gmail.com

I will provide photos of any specimen on request. Note, the asking
prices for the collection lots include free domestic Priority shipping
with signature confirmation. Overseas shipping may be extra,
depending on the weight of the lot and destination country. Lots over
$100 that are sent overseas will be sent by Registered Mail, which
incurs an $11 service charge which I must pass along to the buyer.

Before I get to the collection list, here are a couple of links to
some very fresh Katol specimens. These were gathered before the rains
and show no oxidation. One piece has crust. These are on the website
and you can use coupon code "metlist" at checkout for 20% off your
order.

KATOL (1.64g fragment with crust) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/katol-rare-exotic-new-fall-may-2012-fresh-164g-crusted-fragment

KATOL (1.04g thick slice) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/katol-rare-exotic-new-fall-may-2012-fresh-104g-thick-slice

COLLECTION SALE : (Note, all pieces include original specimen cards
from source dealer)

Falls Lot - (11 specimens total, asking $325)

Allende (CV3) - 2.48g endcut with crust
Bassikounou (H5) - 6.99g endcut with crust
Buzzard Coulee (H4) - 1.45g endcut with crust
Breja (unclassified fall, possible LL6) - 5.65g slice with crust
Chergach (H5) - 4.63g slice with crust (impact melt breccia lithology)
Gao Guenie (H5) - 10.08g endcut with crust
Juancheng (H5) - 5.54g fragment with 60% crust
Mifflin (L5) - 460mg part slice with crust
Millbillillie (eucrite) - 2.39g endcut with crust
Monze (L6) - 3.74g polished slice with crust
Tatahouine (diogenite) - 1.41g fragment

Irons and Stony-Irons Lot - (18 specimens total, asking $520)

Admire (pallasite) - 1.57g fragment with olivine
Admire (pallasite) - small vial of peridot/olivine crystals
Brenham (iron-pallasite) - 21.24g etched and polished siderite slice
Canyon Diablo (iron) - 34g individual, natural patina
Chinga (ungrouped iron) - 24g polished slice
Gebel Kamil (iron) - 145g shrapnel
Henbury (Iron) - 11.89g individual with natural patina
Mount Padbury (Mesosiderite A-1) - 1.35g fragment
Mundrabilla (iron) - 31g individual, natural patina
Muonionalusta (iron) - 25.9g etched and polished slice
Nantan (iron) - 91.6g individual, natural patina
Seymchan (pallasite) - 2.25g individual fragment
Seymchan (iron-pallasite) - 30.9g etched and polished siderite slice
(stunning etch)
Taza (ungrouped iron) - 12.62g sculpted individual (natural patina)
Sikhote Alin (iron) - 13.2g individual with regmaglypts
Sikhote Alin (iron) - 10.66g shrapnel
Toluca (iron) - 37g etched and polished slice
Vaca Muerta (Meso-A1) - 7.07g endcut with metal nodule

Tektite Lot - (7 specimens total - Asking $300)

Bediasite (tektite) - 3.59g individual with Futrell label
Indochinite (tektite) - 68g, large perfect dumb-bell
Libyan Desert Glass - 10.43g, sculpted premium-grade individual
Moldavite (tektite) - 4.03g, premium undamaged individual
Muong Nong (tektite) - 161g layered individual with Futrell label
Philippinite Rizalite (tektite) - 72g, large perfect biscuit
Philippinite (tektite) - 27g, perfect biscuit, with Futrell label

Planetary Lot - (10 specimens total, Asking $300)

DaG 400 (lunar anorthosite) - 30mg fragment
Dhofar 081 (Lunar feldspathic fragmental breccia) - 32mg
Dhofar 910 (lunar feldspathic fragmental breccia) - 50mg part slice
NWA 1110 (olivine phyric shergottite) - 86mg fragment
NWA 2626 (Martian olivine-phyric shergottite) - 38mg fragment
NWA 3163 (lunar feldspathic granulitic impactite) - 144mg fragment
NWA 4468 (Martian basaltic shergottite) - 40mg fragment
NWA 4880 (Martian basaltic shergottite) - 56mg fragment
NWA 4881 (lunar achondrite) - 18mg fragment
Zagami (Martian shergottite) - 8mg fragment

Texas Lot - (9 specimens total, Asking $90)

Briscoe (L5) - 1.17g polished endcut
Davy(a) (L4) - 3.4g polished slice
Davy(b) - (H4) - 3.13g polished slice
Dimmitt (H3.7 regolith breccia) - 11.43g polished slice
Etter (L5) - 1.87g polished endcut
Forestburg(a) - (L4) - 3.08g polished slice
Roundtop(b) - (H4) - 2.4g polished slice
Travis County(a) (H5) - 1.60g endcut
Travis County(b) - (H4) - 2.11g polished slice

Vestan Lot - (5 specimens total, Asking $125)

Camel Donga (eucrite) - 1.47g endcut with crust
Dhofar 700 (diogenite) - 718mg polished slice
NWA 1109 (eucrite polymict) - 3.47g endcut with crust
NWA 2126 (eucrite) - 1.3g slice
NWA 3143 (diogenite) - 3.2g slice

Desert Lot - (12 specimens total, Asking $125)

NWA 528 (H4) - 2.66g polished endcut
NWA 791 (L6) - 16.8g polished block with crust
NWA 806 (LL4) - 4.21g endcut with crust
NWA 869 (L4-6) - 65g polished endcut with crust (prominent dark inclusion)
NWA 869 (L4-6) - 21.9g polished endcut with crust
NWA 926 (H4) - 24.8g polished block with crust
NWA 984 (LL4) - 7.08g polished slice with crust
NWA 1947 (L4) - 4.36g polished slice with crust
NWA 5080 (CV3) - 4.04g polished slice
NWA 6634 (L5) - 8.19g polished slice with crust
Sahara 99676 (L6) - 14.17g polished endcut with crust
SAU 001 (L5) - 22.1g endcut with crust

Micromount Lot - (7 specimens total, Asking $100)

Carancas (H4-5) - 117mg fragment
Claxton (L6) - 36mg fragment
Holbrook (L/LL6) - 285mg fragment with crust
Karoonda (CK4) - 22mg fragment
Mount Egerton (aubrite) - 490mg fragment
New Orleans (H5) - 713mg fragment
Norton County (aubrite) - 82mg fragment

To request photos or make offers - meteoritemike at gmail.com

Thanks for looking!