[meteorite-list] Darryl Futrell Set Me on My Course

From: Brian Burrer <brimane_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 20:02:40 -0500

Hello List,

I have had the pleasure of many a tektite adventure in the 24 years
since I first found a Bediasite. I have been successful hunting
tektites in Texas, Georgia and Cayo, Belize. Trades and purchases
have grown the collection well beyond personal finds....and I have
Darryl Futrell to thank for starting all of it.
I never had the chance to meet him. He got my interest with his want
ad in a local newspaper. The add sought Bediasites and he would pay
$2.00 a gram. Something about $900.00 a pound rocks got my attention.
 Lacking the more modern toll of internet I had to research them at
the library at Texas A&M University. The information I needed was
found and after a while I found the first of many tektites. Years
later while researching Bediasites online I came to the realization
that Daryll had been the one to post those want ads years before. His
little push so long ago has lead to so much....thank you Darryl!